Thursday, January 15, 2009

yowza

So there I was, having the usual mealtime struggles with Tyson that occur when trying to feed him non-orange foods. I believe that day I had the audacity to try to mix his peas in with his carrots and he was quickly catching on to my little trick. He casually let out a couple of grunts (which happens a lot at our house...he's not very discreet as of yet) and immediately started screaming bloody murder. His hatred for messy pants is nothing new so I unbuckled the harness in his high chair and scooped him up to head for the changing table while simultaneously thinking "jeez kid, calm down." I soon realized why he was crying so hard when I discovered that we were both now completely covered in poop. Apparently behind those grunts was some fantastic power because the velocity that was created shot clear down to the tips of his toes...literally. And it's not as though credit can be given to gravity as he was seated...not standing. So Tyson got a bath immediately and was changed into his pajamas by 3PM. Of course then I had to call my mom for tips on how to get poop out of clothing...though thinking back I should have just called the laundry department at the hospital. I think with the volume I was dealing with they would have had better tips. I have been a nurse for about 6 years now so I have had to deal with my fair share of yuck and this was astonishing even to me. I realize that not everyone wants to hear about such sticky situations but it was a pretty funny scene so of course I had to write about it. Here's to hoping to a cleaner day.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

That has to be the funniest thing I have EVER read!! Thank you to Tyson for pooping all over himself and mommy!