Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Pink Finger


A couple of days ago, Nolan woke up with the dreaded pink eye.
Slightly different than the 'stink eye' we're used to. (see Nolan's stink eye face below)
("what you talkin' bout Willis?")

Cure for pink eye = easy. Trying to explain to his 4 year old brother that we cannot leave the house or have friends over to play = impossible. 
At one point, Tyson stuck his finger directly into Nolan's pink eye just to make sure it was really irritated. I responded with a speech on 'that's how germs spread, you must wash hands, blah blah. I must have sounded really scary because Tyson immediately ran to the bathroom yelling, "OH NO, NOW I'M GONNA GET THE PINK FINGER!"

As a parent I had two choices at that point. I could've A) calmed him down and explained that there isn't such a disease or B) used his fears to manipulate him into learning excellent hand washing skills. 

Obviously I took the high road...
Ha, I kid. Manipulation is the foundation of good parenting, no?

No comments: