Monday, May 17, 2010

Take that Martha

Though we got a fantastic deal on these barstools, I've never really liked them. I didn't really want to fork over the cash for new ones so I thought "what would Martha Stewart do? She would refinish them!" (Okay, I can't back that last statement up. I never ask what Martha would do...purely for the fact that the answer would probably be way out of my league and therefor depressing).
So first we took the barstools apart so we could recover the top with this great fabric I found ON SALE! Luckily my sister Jo was around for this part as I shouldn't be allowed to attempt my first try with a staple gun by myself.

Then I painted the legs to better match the top...
and voila! They still could use another coat of paint but honestly, isn't this way better than before? I think the most impressive part of this is the fact that I actually completed a home project. Never in my life have I cared about craft stores or home improvement stores with any kind of enthusiasm. Now I drive a minivan and get excited when my JoAnn's coupons come in the mail. I think motherhood is turning me into a sissy.

4 comments:

Jo said...

You did a very good job. Be proud kiddo.

Faith Hope Love Photography said...

Awesome!! And now when they get all stained from kids like mine...you can just re-do them again:)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the stools!!! I remember the first time I used a staple gun to do a home project. It was my headboard and it was scary, but it turned out great. You just gave me inspiration to redo it again!!! Yay! I'm so excited, now to just find the time...hmmm....

Amber said...

Impressive Jackee!