Tuesday, February 9, 2010

ABC's


Okay, so here's the story. Lately Tyson has been obsessed with reading this book with the letters in the alphabet. So obsessed I bet I read that thing 15 times a day at least. I know I'm supposed to be all "whatever encourages his development" and all that garbage but it was driving me bananas. I seriously considered hiding it (don't judge) but then one day he started pointing out the letters himself. Imagine my excitement!...followed by frustration as nobody (including my own husband) believed me. The phone calls went like this...

me: so Tyson learned his letters!
everyone else: really?...pause...hmmm, that's nice dear.
me: no really, he knows his letters!
everyone else: wow, that's great (patronizing sarcasm noted).

So I took matters into my own hands and taped it. I know it wasn't perfect and he needs some help with M and N but hey, it's a great start. I also realize this is normal development but if there's one thing I've learned after becoming a parent is that I have a right to take pride in things I had absolutely no control over. It's one of the perks that makes all of the vomit easier to deal with.




No comments: